The Working Packages of the 5dMeteora project are shown below:
WP1. Feasibility Study (Μ1-Μ6)
Responsible partner: EUSEBIUS – Other participants: GSH
The main output of this Working Package is the feasibility study of the project, in combination with the market analysis. The study will be prepared by a specialized subcontractor coordinated by EUSEBIUS.
- WP.1.1: Feasibility Study and market analysis (Μ1–Μ6)
WP2. Architectural Design of the System and Users Requirements (Μ1-Μ36)
Responsible partner: LoT-AUTH – Other participants: All
The main goal of this Working Package is to design the overall architecture of the project, including the geospatial databases, the user interface, and the design of the individual subsystems of control and communication of the 5dMeteora information systems. Also, information will be collected concerning the user requirements, the adaptation of user requirements on technological capabilities and the use case scenarios.
- WP.2.1 Investigation of Users needs and requirements (Μ1-Μ6)
- WP.2.2 Architectural Design of the System (M1-M18)
- WP.2.3 Use Case Scenarios (M9-M18)
- WP.2.4 Cooperation and collaborative improvement (M1-M36)
WP3. Programming and Data Collection (M3-M24)
Responsible partner: ODOMELETITIKI – Other participants: LoP-NTUA, LoT-AUTH, EUSEBIUS
The main goal of this Working Package is the programming and collection of spatial and other data. The case study area is part of the Holy Meteora site, which includes two large and inaccessible rocks: Agios Modestos (‘Modi’) and the Chain of Apostle Petros (‘Alyssos’) (belonging to the jurisdiction of the Holy Monastery of St. Stephen). The choice was made due to of the particular difficulty in obtaining and monitoring spatial data and due to the existence, at the top of both rocks, of ruined old and destroyed Monasteries.
- WP3.1 Organization and Scheduling of Data Collection (M3-M6)
- WP3.2 Data Collection (Μ5-Μ24)
WP4. Data Processing (M6-M32)
Responsible partner: LoP-NTUA – Other participants: All
This Working Package includes the processing of the spatial and non-spatial data collected in WP3. Its main goal is the creation of detailed 3D models of the area of interest and the creation of a unified 4D model (three-dimensional geometry + scale / level of detail), to create scales of interest that yield modeling at a different scale / accuracy, depending on the users’ needs and the navigation on the model. The innovative techniques concern the automation of the combined 3D data correction process, from different sources, and the 4D modeling process.
- WP4.1 Generation of Detailed 3D Model (M6-M24)
- WP4.2 Generation of a Multi-scale Model (4D) (M12-M28)
- WP4.3 Database and Connection with Spatial Information (M12-M32)
WP5. Development of the online platform (M5-M32)
Responsible partner: EXODUS – Other participants: LoP-NTUA, LoT-AUTH, GSH
In WP5, the ‘5dMeteora’ platform and the user interface are developed. All devices are supported, including desktop PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones. The WP includes: (a) the development of the ‘5dMeteora’ system server and the spatial databases (back interface), and (b) the user interface (front-end interface). Finally, the multimedia services are developed.
- WP5.1 Development of the Back-End Interface (M5-M24)
- WP5.2 Development of the Front-End Interface (Μ5-Μ26)
- WP5.3 Creation of Multimedia Services (M15-M32)
WP6. ‘5dMeteora’ System (M12-M36)
Responsible partner: LoP-NTUA- – Other participants: All
- WP6.1 Development of Augmented Reality technology (Μ12-Μ30)
- WP6.2 Works for the completion of the system (M20-M36)
- WP6.3 System Evaluation and Update Procedures (M20-M36)
WP7. Commercial Exploitation of the System (M1-M36)
Responsible partner: GSH – Other participants: All
- WP7.1 Commercialization plan (M18-M36)
- WP7.2 Project Website for commercialization activities (M1-M36)
WP8. Commercial Exhibitions (M18-M36)
Responsible partner: GSH – Other participants: ODOMELETITIKI, EXODUS
Participation with a stand in two major trade fairs (in addition to dissemination and publicity actions), where the results of the project will be disseminated and the technological products will be exhibited. The participation time will be determined based on the completion of the main products of the project.
- WP8.1 Participation in Commercial Exhibitions (M18-M36)